Monday, February 22, 2016

 Wall Hanging Say It With Flowers Dasiy Chain In Rich Burgundy on Etsy


A Collaboration Between Knotty Crochet Team Members

By Joanne from Seeapin

First a little history around my Flower Wall Hangings. Our Nelson Creative Fiber Group made two Hangings of poppies
for Anzac Day ( Australia New Zealand Army Corps ) in 2015. I was involved in this project.
We made approximately 5000 poppies. These Hangings are in our beautiful Nelson Cathedral. And look stunning.
You can see photos of these on https://www.facebook.com/NelsonCreativeFibre posted April 2015
If you do happen to check out this post. The answer is yes I'm in the photos.

It was this that inspired me to make a much smaller version that touches my heart every time I look at them.


Now to National Crochet Month & Breast Cancer


I don't think anyone is not affected by this disease either personally, a close family member or a close friend.
The research that is done world wide goes a long way.  Personally my mum was involved in a pilot study in New Zealand that saved her life.
And I'm sure we all know of our own team captains personal battle.

So I thought of this crazy idea to make a Pink Flower Wall Hanging  as a collaboration of our Knotty Crochet Team Members.  It will be a Wall Hanging with a lot of love and a well traveled one by the time it is finished.

Our members are spread world wide so how cool will this be.
So excited about seeing all your beautiful flowers.

Xoxox Joanne from Seeapin

No comments:

Post a Comment