Friday, June 16, 2017

Meet Our 500th Member KnottyHookerStudio




Mount Pleasant, WisconsinOn Etsy since 2017

Meet Sarah the owner
Hairstylist by day, crocheter by night.

I am a full time hairdresser and I started crocheting about a year ago, because, well I didn't have a single hobby. Not one. When I wasn't at work, I was home with my husband and 3 cats, parked in front of the tv. So I decided one day that I needed to find a hobby, something I enjoyed. I remembered when I was little, my babysitter used to crochet baby blankets and decorative doll clothes. I still have some of the doll dresses she made. She is incredibly talented. All those years ago she taught me how to make a chain and I would sit with her for hours just chaining with her scrap yarn. So many, many years later I find myself wandering through Jo Ann Fabrics looking at yarn and crochet hooks. I have no idea what I'm looking for. I find a beginners crochet book, I pick up a hook and I find a yarn I think would be great for a slouchy hat. I get home, I realize I can't read a pattern.....so I go to YouTube. You can find anything on YouTube. So a few tutorial videos later, I'm trying to make a hat. Epic failure. I decided maybe a blanket with the same continuous stitch would be easier. Few more videos later and I'm on my way to making my very first afghan. 6 weeks later I finish this ugly blanket. Its awful. Crooked and oddly shaped, but I love it anyway. It still hangs on my couch. I fell in love with crocheting after that hideous blanket. I gave every family member or loved one a blanket for Christmas and i still had blankets pilled in my bedroom. It was my husband who suggested I try selling them on Etsy. It took some convincing on his part before I agreed and here I am. I haven't made a sale yet, but that's not slowing me down.



Hand crafted blankets, throws, afghans and scarves

Copyright © KnottyCrochetNewsBlog. All rights reserved. Terms of Use 
Content on KnottyCrochetNews.Blogspot.com is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without written permission.

1 comment: